As a Healthcare Claim Billing Associate, you will help and work
with customers and members to improve their health, well-being and sense of
security. Your role is responding to complex inquiries regarding benefits,
billing, eligibility, coverage and other related information and provide
solutions for customers, clients and health care professional via phone and
email. Creative problem solving, critical thinking and empathy skills are
essential. Professional interaction, active and passive listening skills
and the ability to utilize computer- based resources in a highly effective
manner to educate and provide accurate responses to customer inquiries is
crucial for success in the role, along with the innate ability to be compassionate
and empathetic when appropriate when handling complex customer inquiries.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process claims
as per the guidelines.
- Keep abreast
with the process of claims processing in the healthcare industry.
- Have a good
understanding of the performance SLA’s and meet the SLA’s.
- Understand all
binding laws and regulations related to the project.
- Ensure all
parameters such as Production, TAT and Quality are met.
- Utilize and be
familiar with the current system functions, applications and enhancements.
- Ensure strict
adherence to the process workflow and regular attendance is maintained and
apt behavior is observed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
(Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelor’s
- 1-2 years healthcare industry knowledge preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Adaptability and quick learning skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to operate a keyboard and basic computer navigational skills
- Typing speed – Min 15-20 wpm preferred
- Knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Have a positive attitude and be a good team player.
HGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability
or veteran status.