Vice President Business Development
Job Code : 201978Lisle | IL Permanent
Vice President Business Development, Consumer Engagement Solutions
We at HGS are solution providers at heart. This means that our 45,000 global team members help our clients solve industry specific problems across their customers’ journey stages with HGS solutions. We create commercially advantageous outcomes through the use of digital and classic consumer engagement solutions.
We are seeking a passionate Vice President of Business Development with a “digital first” view on how developing technology and innovation can improve each stage of the consumer journey- engage, buy, bill, care, repair and retain. Your industry focus will be oriented towards B-C and B-B-C organizations across North America- retail, travel, hospitality, CPG, technology disrupters, media and financial services (e.g. organizations focused on serving the end consumer).
Please consider this role if you have the following personal attributes: 1) intense intellectual curiosity about exceeding consumer expectations, 2) keenly situationally aware, 3) a selfless team player 4) relentless in the pursuit of closing deals, and 5) guided by a strong ethical compass.
HGS provides a very competitive salary, benefits and commission program as well as career advancement opportunities for high performers.
HGS is consumer-first in practice. Meaning your job will be to work with a high-performance team to grow revenue and profits by increasing value for our clients and their end-consumers. You will cultivate new logo opportunities, selling solutions supported by digital and traditional consumer care capabilities.
Your goal will be to exceed your annual quota, contributing to the team’s ability to exceed our annual expectations. You can do this through selling to both traditional and non-traditional buyers of consumer engagement solutions as well as selling through existing and developing channels. Significant support exists through a robust global marketing and sales enablement function as well as dedicated teams for solution design and proposal management.
You will be able to sell solutions onshore in HGS centers in Peoria, Jacksonville, El Paso, multiple Canada locations, as well as Work@Home based agents, and to nearshore locations in Jamaica and Columbia, and finally, offshore in the Philippines and India. Experience selling global solutions is critical to your success.
You must have a proven sales record of working in direct sales to build successful relationships with clients. You need to be comfortable leading direct sales efforts with an HGS team and evangelizing new digital solutions. Clients will expect you to champion the innovative power of digital care to make their organizations more productive and better able to anticipate consumer needs.
Our goal is to find a candidate with experience selling, and consultative knowledge of, many of the following technologies/services:
1. Global service delivery
2. Social media care programs
3. Consumer logistics
4. Channel integration and desktop unification
5. Human or AI assisted chat, Bot, IVR
6. Speech and text analytics for consumer and market insights
7. Consumer journey and/or analytics consulting
8. Video chat and smart voice (e.g., Siri, Google Assistant or Alexa)
9. Mobile app and/or web design/build/refinement
10. Traditional consumer care capabilities (voice, chat, web)
11. Data Analytics and Intelligence
12. Customer Data Platforms (CDP)
13. Marketing Automation and CRM
14. Digital Transformation Initiatives
- Create sales plan that will identify strategies and tactics to acquire new clients
- Focus on tactical relationship building, with a highly targeted, relevant approach. Build a very select pipeline of key prospects with the goal of closing strategic deals. Engage product marketing and solutions expertise to refine service offerings for specific market segments.
- Opportunity development:
- Qualification of opportunities
- Opportunity research and strategy development
- Campaign management and use of tools such as Salesforce and Marketo
- Opportunity conversion to fill pipeline of 5x quota
- Pipeline and opportunity reporting/management
- Lead RFP/proposal process to ensure a quality response to position HGS to earn profitable new business
- Facilitate meeting/finalist preparation for all opportunities in conjunction with team
- Negotiate and close deals
- Maintain SalesForce.com tool with all sales efforts using established staging from lead development through close. Track and report the status of new business development efforts and pipeline growth.
- Collaborate closely with Operations, Client Services, IT, Solution Engineers, and sales support team
- Establish goals, analyze growth and provide accurate, complete and timely submission of required progress reports, forecasts, quotations, budgets and rates
- Aggressive sales executive who can to forge key relationships with CEO''''''''''''''''s, CFO’s and other C-suite executives as well as key line of business contacts, along with internally aligning support for contract execution.
- Proven ability to develop new BPO business and proven success in meeting sales quotas ($5 million booked and billed per year).
- Strong and capable leader that is self-motivated and driven to win the confidence and trust of her/his prospects, clients, global operations, and pursuit teams alike - establishing winning strategies, and exerting influence both internally and externally to win new business.
- Innovative team player with the energy, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit to achieve success. A professional who earns respect for his/her leadership, intelligence and expertise.
- Success as a superb relationship builder, negotiator and communicator.
- Experience in the digital web space is a plus
- Exposure to agile/scrum/waterfall delivery methodologies is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
Demonstrate strong business ethics, morals and character as key tenants of your working relationships with your prospects.
HGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.