Business Development Representative
Job Code : HGS/920Work@Home
The purpose of this position is to play a fundamental role in identifying and creating new qualified opportunities for their Sales partners. This role manages the outbound campaigns of their sales division by qualifying active buying interest and identifying critical decision makers to successfully position the HGS value proposition.
The Business Develoment Representative role will be tasked with going after that next big account. They will engage decision makers and demonstrate how our services can help them. They will work closely with one of our VPs of Business Development and receive invaluable career coaching and mentorship!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research prospective clients by spotting and uncovering trends through blogs, campaigns, articles, and other marketing channels
- Reach accounts and identify, maintain and expand the buying committee contacts and details for prospecting
- Produce a steady stream of leads for our BD VPs utilizing email, phone, social media and other channels and effectively communicating our value proposition
- Work leads from the initial meetings to the RFP/Proposal stage with VP of Business Development through relationship building and nurturing
- Build extensive prospect profiles which include info on social media presence, company contacts, brand strategy, industry trends, and any campaigns that brands may be running
- Leveraging sales tools such as LinkedIn Navigator to network with potential customers
- Achieving and exceeding weekly/monthly metrics (daily outbound activities – calls, emails, social selling – setting appointments, qualified leads, new contacts, etc.)
- Gain business knowledge through researching how different businesses operate, leadership structures, what their pain points are and challenges they face everyday
- Assist with other business development activities as needed
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
* Help train and give guidance to other HGS employees.
* Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good safety habits.
* Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
Minimum jOB Requirements: (Education, Experience, Skills)
- · Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Sales/Marketing or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- · 3-5+ years of sales assistant, lead generation, inside sales, sdr/bdr
- · Salesforce experience required
- · Intermediate proficiency in PC computer software, to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- · Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- · Strong phone presence with comfortability to make cold calls and schedule meetings
- · Creative writing skills with keen eye for detail to craft outbound messages
- · Strong listening and presentation skills
- · Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- · Experience in BPO or Digital CX preferred