Job Code : HGS/842Chicago, IL, EL PASO, TX, Jacksonville, FL
Duties / Outputs
- Responsible to coordinate with various onshore and offshore teams across globe for appropriate inputs relevant to invoicing, vendor management, workflow management, employee claims, book close, treasure management, etc..
- Responsible for monitoring the recording of bi-weekly payrolls and other payroll related journal entries and accruals by the offshore team. Coordinate with various members in HR / Payroll vendor for appropriate inputs.
- Responsible for monitoring Treasury and bank related functions performed by the offshore team: e.g. loading ACH payment files and positive pay files to the bank site, inputting wire payments, and printing vendor checks.
- Responsible for sharing appropriate inputs for monthly close functions and related accounting tasks performed by the offshore team: journal entries, bank reconciliations, GL account reconciliations, variance analysis, and addressing management inquiries.
- Assist with quarterly and annual external and internal audits.
- Prepare and submit periodic sales and tax filings, U.S. census filings and data supporting the annual state income tax returns prepared by external accountants.
- As needed, support special projects and certain FP&A responsibilities including, management reporting, budgeting and monitoring performance against budget.
- Develop and enable new processes and existing process improvements across multiple functional areas. Determine the root cause of issues identified and propose process improvements with subsequent solution implementation.
- Assist and provide relevant information/ data during the course of IRS Audit.
- Engage with consultants or auditors as required.
- Carry out onshore activities for any of the above areas, especially those that cannot be outsourced.
Skills / knowledge Attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in accounting, specifically in monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close processes
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts and processes (account reconciliations and A/P activities)
- Tech savvy and one who has a strong desire to simplify processes and automate
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills while being detail orientated
- Ability to identify and resolve accounting, reporting and other issues
- Strong data mining skills with the ability to leverage large data bases for analysis
- Hands on self-starter with a strong desire to promote and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills suitable for Senior Management presentations
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Energetic and ability to work in a team orientated environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- SAP experience a plus
- Exposure of having handled offshore teams is desirable
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting
- 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible work experience
- Exposure to IFRS is an added advantage