Job Code : HGS/840Chicago IL
The objective of this position is to effectively support HGSâ€™s payroll in a manner that ensures professional behavior and ethics in keeping with Company standards and assist HR with benefit related projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the efficient functioning of all HGS and other entitiesâ€™ payroll through payroll provider, to include accurate preparation and balancing of bi-weekly and special payroll as well as payroll related reports for the Finance department.
- Handles processing of employee status changes, analyzes payroll and employee expenses, assures general ledger accounts are reconciled; creates on-going month-end, quarterly, and year-end organization reports; and performs other rated duties as assigned.
- Reconciles payroll deposits, tax withholdings, wage garnishments, and voluntary deductions
- Ensure timely and accurate distribution of payroll checks and electronic payment of payroll to HGS employees.
- Assists with periodical payroll-related analysis, statements and projections.
- Audits payroll information for accuracy.
- Establish strong working relationships with all levels of managers and employees to effectively address payroll questions, concerns and issues, such as over-time, earned time, garnishments, computation of gross and net pay, etc., and to make any necessary payroll adjustments.
- Assist Director with planning and activities related to 401k, benefits, employee changes, workerâ€™s compensation, rewards and recognition programs, etc. Work as a liaison with Human Resources to ensure accurate record keeping with regard to employee changes, benefits and 401(k), etc.
- Benefit deduction to invoice reconciliation.
- Work with all government agencies on all inquiries and other paperwork such as employment verifications, garnishments, or other documentation
- All special projects or research assigned by VP or HR or Director.
- Manage internal employee record keeping system to insure accuracies for all departments and employee information.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other HGS employees. * Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good safety habits. * Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
Minimum jOB Requirements: (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field or Equivalent Experience Required.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting Preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of multi-state payroll required.
- Demonstrated understanding of employment law and payroll taxes.
- Familiarity with automated financial/ accounting packages; experience with Paychex preferred.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of personnel and clients.