HR Benefits Specialist
Job Code : HGS/834Chicago IL
Provide benefits support for all levels of the organization. Ensure all benefit documentation is entered, maintained and accurate. Additionally, this position would assist with other HR functions, such as payroll support, and other HR projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the maintenance of all employee benefit changes in internal and vendor systems.
- Conduct regular audit of data entry and paperwork using system reports to ensure accuracy of information in internal and vendor systems.
- Process all benefit invoices.
- Communicate with employees, management, payroll and vendors to answer questions and resolve benefit issues, escalating issues to Human Resources Manager as appropriate.
- Provide day to day payroll support and serve as back up.
- Assist with responses to state Medical support notices and enter information into systems.
- Provide assistance with GIS, Concur, expense reporting, credit card program, rewards and recognition programs, etc.
- Assist with the processing and tracking of workerâ€™s compensation claims.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other HGS employees. * Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good safety habits. * Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
Minimum jOB Requirements: (Education, Experience, Skills)
Â· High school degree required; Associates degree or some college preferred.
Â· Minimum of 2 -4 years experience in the HR field, to include previous experience with automated payroll and HRIS systems.
Â· Demonstrated intermediate to advanced knowledge in the following computer applications: Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Â· Strong analytical, problem solving skills including competency with mathematics and logic.
Â· Knowledge of benefit laws and regulations preferred
Â· Demonstrate high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Â· Decision making ability to select appropriate precedent rules, or procedures from a number of alternatives.
Â· Organized, flexible, detail-oriented, performs tasks simultaneously, and ability to prioritize.