Director of Payroll and HR Shared Services
Job Code : HGS/822Work@Home
The Director of Payroll and HR Shared services serves as a strategic business partner aligning business objectives between employee and management needs. This position will also act as a change agent information source in all aspects of Shared Services, which include benefits, payroll, regulatory compliance, HR policies, programs, and business excellence to ensure an atmosphere that fosters continuous growth and promotes positive company culture.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead the planning, development, implementation and administration of all employee benefit programs including group insurance, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and workerâ€™s compensation.
2. Research, design and evaluate competitive benefit offerings to meet the needs of the changing work force.
3. Develop, implement and continually improve a wellness/education plan.
4. Oversee Payroll.
5. When needed, partner with internal hiring managers to understand an anticipate staffing needs and recruit accordingly.
6. Develop and communicate metrics to monitor effectiveness of benefit plans according to strategic objectives.
7. Lead special assignments and other projects, which meet the strategic needs of the business
8. Liaison for legal and professional services, including immigration / relocation matters.
9. Partner with management and counsel regarding legal cases such as EEOC & Department of Human Rights charges.
10. Manager HR in relationship to Business Excellence objectives.
11. Lead and manage annual merit goal setting and ESAT process.
12. Oversee company Rewards and Recognition programs.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other HGS employees. * Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good safety habits. * Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
Minimum Requirements: (Education, Experience, Skills)
- BA or BS in Human Resources, Business Management, Organizational Development or other related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years HR experience with a focus on Payroll, Benefits, Compliance & Policy Formulation and Administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations governing employee benefits.
- Experience managing affirmative action plans preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to include presentation ability and interaction with wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Intermediate knowledge of PC applications for word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically improve and/or transform processes across functions.
- Strong analytical and math skills.