Job Code : HGS/778PEORIA,IL
The objective of this position is to effectively manage HGSâ€™s payroll in a manner that ensures professional behavior and ethics in keeping with Company standards as well as monitor and assist in all benefit related projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Backup Administrator for all HRIS systems such as payroll, benefits, 401K, time keeping, and other systems.
- Responsible for processing and auditing all HGS and joint venture payrolls, to include accurate preparation and balancing all payroll as well as any reports for the Finance department or outside auditing firm.
- Ensure timely and accurate distribution of paychecks and electronic payments (direct deposits/pay cards) to all HGS employees or joint ventures.
- Assists with periodical payroll-related analysis, statements and projections or any other data management may require that impacts cash flow or to make business decisions.
- Establish strong working relationships with all employee and management levels to effectively address all questions or concerns regarding payroll related data for Payrolls, Benefits, 401K, HGS Policy or other HR related questions involving HR Shared Services.
- Work as a liaison with Human Resources to ensure accurate record keeping with regard to employee changes, benefits and 401(k), etc.
- Understand and assist with all benefit items such as plan details, employee enrollments, maintaining benefit client relationships, billing, etc.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other HGS employees. * Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good safety habits. * Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
Minimum jOB Requirements: (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field or Equivalent Experience Required.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting Preferred.
- Prefer previous experience with ADP or other automated payroll and Human Resources database
- Advanced Excel and Access skills
- Intermediate Visio, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills required including competency with mathematics and logic
- High school degree required; some college preferred
- Knowledge of benefit laws and regulations preferred
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Decision making ability to select appropriate precedent rules, or procedures from a number of alternatives.
- Organized, flexible, detail-oriented, performs tasks simultaneously, knows how to prioritize