HR Cultural Ambassador
Job Code : HGS/766EL PASO, TX, Jacksonville, PEORIA,IL, Work@Home
Plan, organize, and lead the effort to ensure retention of all identified new hires from time of offer to first day of training. Support the recruiting process by engaging with new hires on a regular basis to offer them a welcoming onboarding experience. As a member of the Human Resources team, the HGS Cultural Ambassador acts as an information and engagement source supporting all aspects of the onboarding process, as well as promoting the HGS vision and values.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, HR Services.
- Engage with new hires by using fun and educational touchpoints on a regular basis to create a positive onboarding experience as well as showcasing what HGS has to offer new hires
- Provide one point of contact for all new hires to answer and respond to all inquiries
- Use a wide range of communication channels such as Text Recruit, emails, social media and phone calls to educate the identified new hire about the position and HGS overall
- Coordinate and effectively communicate with Recruiting/Training/Operations/HR for a seamless candidate/new hire experience
- Identify areas in need of improvement and recommend solutions to the teams for improved onboarding experience
- Provide regular feedback and influence departmental change to positively impact retention of candidates
- Communicate with the new hire on client specific compliance requirements and statutory government documentation and identification in a fun educational manner
- Communicate proactively with appropriate teams about new hire concerns that may cause the candidate to be at risk
- Coordinate and ensure personal contact via phone for any at-risk training no shows
- Communicate and coordinate with Employee Relations leadership for a smooth transition of the new hire
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Â· BA/BS in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience required
Â· 1+ years previous Human Resource management experience required
Â· Intermediate knowledge of PC applications for word, processing spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
Â· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to include presentation ability
Â· Proven project management skills
Â· Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving ability
Â· Demonstrated report writing ability
Â· Demonstrated ability to manage conflict
Â· Proven ability to work as part of a team
Â· Satisfactory Criminal Record Check required