HR Cultural Ambassador
Job Code : HGS/744El Paso
WORK @ HOME FOR NOW BUT WILL BE ONSITE WHEN READY TO RETURN
The HGS Cultural Ambassador plans, organizes, and leads the effort to ensure the retention of all newly hired employees from time of offer, throughout training and throughout the 0-90 days from date of hire and into production. This ambassador supports the recruiting process by engaging with new hires on a regular basis to take a lead role in creating a welcoming onboarding experience. This position also supports the new employee training journey by engaging with trainees through the new hire training experience and 0-90 days from date of hire and into production. As a member of the Human Resources team, the HGS Cultural Ambassador acts as an information and engagement source supporting all aspects of the onboarding process while promoting the HGS vision, mission and values.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, HR Services.
- Engage with new hires by guiding participative and educational touchpoints on a regular basis to create a positive onboarding experience as well as showcasing what HGS has to offer new hires
- Provide one point of contact for all new hires to answer and respond to all employment-based inquiries
- Use a wide range of communication channels such as Text Recruit, emails, social media and phone calls to educate the identified new hire about the position and HGS overall
- Coordinate and effectively communicate with Recruiting/Training/Operations/HR for a seamless candidate/new hire experience
- Identify areas in need of improvement and recommend solutions to the teams for an improved employee onboarding experience
- Provide regular feedback and influence departmental change to positively impact retention of candidates
- Communicate with the new hire on client specific compliance requirements and statutory government documentation and identification in a supportive and educational manner
- Communicate proactively with appropriate teams about new hire concerns that may impact the new employeeâ€™s experience negatively
- Coordinate and ensure regular personal contact via phone for any at-risk training no shows
- Communicate and coordinate with Employee Relations leadership for a smooth transition of the new employee
- Provide weekly pulse reports to all internal stake holders for new hires from offer until 30 days of production
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Â· High School Diploma or Equivalent
Â· 1+ years previous Human Resource management experience is a plus
Â· Must have a Strong Customer Service Background
Â· Intermediate knowledge of PC applications for word, processing spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
Â· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to include presentation ability
Â· Proven project management skills
Â· Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving ability
Â· Demonstrated report writing ability
Â· Demonstrated ability to manage conflict
Â· Proven ability to work as part of a team
Â· Satisfactory Criminal Record Check required