Provide technical support, installation and maintenance of personal computer and laptop
hardware and software, and peripheral equipment to ensure efficient and uninterrupted
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Install, move, upgrade and maintain personal computers, laptops, and peripheral
equipment in a Large Area Network and Wide Area Network environment with
multiple computing platforms to meet the needs of business operations.
2. Provide helpdesk support over the phone and at the workstation to internal end-users
to facilitate efficient business operations.
3. Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and software problems and apply cost-effective
solutions to minimize interruptions in business operations. Refer problems requiring
higher level support to Infrastructure and Telecommunications group personnel.
4. Perform basic Large Area Network administration duties to satisfy requests by
5. Use established procedures and systems for assignment of tasks and documentation of
work performed within the reporting and documentation standards established by
HGS in order to facilitate enhancement, change or troubleshooting of the work.
6. Adhere to negotiated due dates and acceptable budgeted hours of project assignments
for completion as expected by internal and external clients.
7. Prioritize assigned tasks to effectively meet the needs of the business.
8. Communicate status of all assigned tasks verbally or in writing to the appropriate
management for tracking and communicating to internal and external clients as
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by
employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other
duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other HGS employees. *
Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good safety habits. * Provide internal and
external customers with the highest quality service.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience, Skills)
High school diploma required. Some college or technical training preferred.
Prefer MCSE, A+, or N+ certified or in progress
One to two years’ experience in a technical support role in a LAN/WAN networked
environment including hands-on experience installing, maintaining and
troubleshooting personal computers, laptops and peripheral equipment that are
comparable to those used at HGS. Experience with VPN and broadband networking
General knowledge of MS Office and other common desktop applications and
network and workstation operating systems that are used at HGS
General knowledge of the Internet web browsers and e-mail systems used at HGS
Good written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills,
particularly with end-users who have varying degrees of computer knowledge
Self-starter with a willingness to ask questions and actively seek out answers
Ability to work closely with others as a solid team player
A positive attitude and ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment