The Trainer is responsible for providing effective education and guidance while developing and supporting a customer-focused learning environment that meets business, client and employee needs.
Typically Reports To: Manager, Learning & Development
Typical Reports: N/A
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Research, develop, implement and maintain client program learning and development curricula, methods and processes databases, processes and records. This includes but is not limited to lesson planning, curriculum, testing, evaluations and class management.
2. Participate in call calibrations, partner with the client program’s Quality Assurance professional and conduct individual call observations in order to assess and measure learning and development curricula to ensure they are relevant to the needs of the changing business.
3. Develop and establish learning and development strategies to align with HGS business strategies and lead initiatives in implementing.
4. Coach and develop customer service representatives to ensure high degree of measurable success.
5. Assist with learning and development intra-department and/or HGS cross-functional activities as needed.
6. Promote and demonstrate customer advocacy and the importance of best-in-class customer experiences to all levels of the organization.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other HGS employees. * Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good safety habits. * Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience, Skills)
• BA/BS in Education, Business, Communications or related field or related experience is preferred
• 1 – 3 years of experience in a leadership role in Learning and Development or Training, including at least 1 year in curriculum development and implementation
• Demonstrated ability to use effective oral and written communication skills to influence and interact at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to apply current instructional design and learning development theories, principles and adult motivation and learning techniques such as web-based, computer-based, instructor-led, virtual classroom and performance support
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Multimedia development solutions and other audio/video production tools preferred
• Demonstrated strong analytical and planning skills, with the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
• Self-motivated professional with the ability to accept challenges and work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and develop work team towards improved performance
• Basic knowledge of call center management systems and terminology preferred