The Training Manager is responsible for leading the Training team and developing and
supporting a customer-focused learning environment that meets business, client and employee
needs. The Training Manager is accountable for all actions taken to ensure contact standards and
training procedures are adhered to and to enhance the agent and client experience. Working with
our trainers, the Training Manager will support the Company culture beginning in the classroom
and through incubation for new hires. The incumbent will work with our Operations team to
support, maintain and improve their sites’ results. The Training Manager will work with site
Trainers to foster positive Company culture and will directly coach to support and enhance
trainer skill sets.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Research, create and maintain effective curriculum to meet the needs of all levels of
employee development to include management development programs.
2. Provide strong leadership, development and coaching for training staff to ensure high
degree of measurable success and facilitate “train the trainer” sessions to transition
solutions to the team as needed.
3. Promote and demonstrate customer advocacy and the importance of best-in-class
customer experiences to all levels of the organization.
4. Maintain subject matter expert knowledge in the area of advances in adult learning,
instructional design, e-learning and performance improvement to provide direction and
leadership to the organization.
5. Work with the trainers to review training guides and existing curriculum to support any
changes that positively impact business results and employee retention. Assess and
measure learning and development programs to ensure they are relevant to the needs of
the changing business.
6. Develop and establish learning and development strategies and lead initiatives in
implementing and achieving strategies. Use the corporate defined training process
(analysis, design, deliver, assessment and validation) in meeting the day to day training
requirements of the site.
7. Analyze performance and quality data and make recommendations in approach and
process from both a training/quality and operations perspective by monitoring training
results through statistic tracking and root cause analysis.
8. Support HGS initiatives as it pertains to process improvements at both an account and
9. Review training needs and assign personnel appropriately.
10. Act as hiring manager in partnership with the Talent Acquisition team in the recruitment
and selection process of training staff.
11. Conduct performance reviews with the trainers to confirm that the team is meeting set
12. Ensure all daily/weekly/monthly reporting is distributed to the applicable business
13. Carry out needs analysis of graduated agents to confirm the learning process met their
needs to be successful in their positions.
14. Measure trainers’ success based on quality results at the end of an agent ICU period (30
days on the phones).
15. Instill procedures that guarantee all hardware, software, and training facilities are secure
and well maintained.
16. Attend client meetings, both internal & external, and interact as required.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being
performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to
this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the
above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other
HGS employees. * Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good
safety habits. * Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience, Skills)
Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education, Organizational Communication or
similar required or equivalent work experience
4 - 6 years of significant experience in a leadership role in Learning and Development or
Training, including 1 year in curriculum development and implementation
Minimum of 1 year of leadership experience within a BPO/Outsourcing call center
Previous experience with healthcare training content is preferred
Demonstrated ability to apply current instructional design and learning development theories,
principles and adult motivation and learning techniques such as web-based, computer-based,
instructor-led, virtual classroom and performance support
Demonstrated ability to use effective oral and written communication skills to influence and
interact at all levels of the organization
Demonstrated ability to facilitate, interact and connect with audiences of all backgrounds and
experience levels while achieving a desired outcome
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and multimedia development
solutions such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Macromedia Flash, Dreamweaver and other
audio/video production tools
Demonstrated strong analytical and planning skills, with the ability to work well in a
collaborative team environment
Self-motivated professional with the ability to accept challenges and work well in a fast
paced, dynamic environment
Strong interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
Ability to build and lead a team to perform at superior levels of consistency
The ability to deliver enthusiastic, high energy presentations