Job Code : 201944Cranbury |NJ Permanent
The Cash Posting Teal Lead is a performance-based position. Employees in this position will be responsible for timely and accurate posting of payments received from insurance, patient and other third party entities. The primary focus is to manage and oversees day-to-day activities and responsibilities of cash posting team responsible for receipt, posting, and reconciliation of all incoming cash payments
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive and record check, credit card, electronic remittance advice, electronic funds transfer and lock box payments.
· Review ERA, EFT and ANSI/HIPAA 835’s for accurate posting of payments.
· Reconcile payments.
· Research and resolve unapplied/unidentified cash receipts.
· Post payments, adjustments and rejections to the correct patient accounts. Transfer secondary balances to the correct secondary payer or patient as the account flow dictates.
· Forward rejections or incorrect payments to the A/R follow-up representative for research and resolution.
· Identify issues with internal and client cash posting process. Work with the HGS operations manager and the clienton problematic insurance payment issues (payment below fee schedule, rejection of specific services, etc.) and provide solutions to create an efficient process.
· Research all credit balances to ensure balance is actual refund balance, as opposed to misposted cash, incorrect discount or adjustment, or payment transfer, prior to processing refunds for both insurance and patient amounts.
· Coordinate with client to produce letters to patients and send out checks and letters.
· Coordinate with Accounts Receivable teams spread across various geographic locations.
· Uphold and follow HIPAA compliance guidelines in relation to billing, collections, and Patient Health Information (PHI).
· Follow work place rules such as attendance, break and lunches, and quality and productivity measures.
· Demonstrate professional behavior and respect towards team members, team leaders, management and overall organization
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other HGS employees. * Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good safety habits. * Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
Minimum jOB Requirements: (Education, Experience, Skills)
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in cash posting
· Ability to read and understand the different types of health insurance Explanations of Benefits (EOBs)
· Ability to read and understand payer contracts
· Understand Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions
· Understand revenue cycle process for healthcare providers
· Basic Knowledge of personal computer and Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
· Excellent communication skills and telephone skills
· Ability to research documents and find relevant information
· Ability to navigate through different patient accounting computer systems
· Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to changes quickly and think conceptually
· Effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Strong quantitative and analytical abilities to process and display data.
Agent understands the impact of individual performance as it relates to the client program and to meeting/improving targets; understands the client needs and expectations; responds to requests effectively and on time; refers complex questions to a higher decision making level; meets customer needs in a respectful, helpful and responsive manner; works with the team to meet objectives; is open to change and new information.
Reads account notes and listens to insurance company representatives regarding status of accounts, and presents appropriate information in a clear and concise manner, both orally and written; able to establish two-way communication with Team Leaders.
Ability to direct oneself towards meeting one’s daily, weekly and monthly goals; understands goals and works towards achieving them; asks for clarification regarding expectation about what/how things need to be done before starting work; takes ownership for work; is open to new ideas; complies with rules and processes; appropriate dress; demonstrates behaviors consistent with the organization’s values; treats others with respect; understand and follows ethical guidelines; regularly shares expertise with team members to support continuous learning and improvement; works well with others, promotes teamwork.
Demonstrates basic knowledge and ability to use various applications/tools related to the function; is aware of metric goals; has the knowledge of policies, procedures and regulatory compliance; can identify problems/issues and tries to improve this based on program knowledge; requests help to understand complex issues; identifies problems and escalates accordingly.