TEAM LEADER Operations
Job Code : 201937Cranbury |NJ Permanent
The mission of this job is to ensure the highest level of service for our clients by coaching and developing our Health+Care Revenue Cycle Management Services associates to perform at the highest possible levels of productivity and quality, and to support project teams performing the processes outlined in our service offerings (Financial Clearance, Legacy A/R, A/R management, Self-Pay collections, and Medical coding, as well as others developed over time). The primary focus of the Team Lead is to ensure productivity, quality, accuracy and completeness, and to assist assigned team members performing the same work.
Typically Reports To: Project Manager, Operations
Typical Reports: Account Representatives
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coach and Develop account representatives to achieve team goals that support business strategies and objectives. Responsible for assisting and improving employee performance using approved quality processes.
2. Responsible for clearly communicating client and HGS expectations on an individual and team basis. Ensure individual and team productivity, quality levels and results to exceed client expectations.
3. Coordinating with teams spread across various geographic locations, as well as preparing and reviewing lists that have to be forwarded to clients for their intervention. Preparing and reviewing high dollar and/or targeted accounts status reports that have to be shared with client or HGS leadership.
4. Provide operational expertise in achieving business goals of all service lines
under their responsibility, including but not limited to:
- Obtaining eligibility, benefits and authorization information
- Billing and resubmitting claims
- Retrieving necessary documents for billing and account resolution
- Identifying issues with claim forms
- Following up on claims
- Posting adjustments and resolving credit balances
- Resolving rejections and denials through corrections and appeals
5. Participate in cross-functional activities and communications to further HGS’s
6. Leading by personal example and ongoing dialogue, to ensure compliance with
HGS as well as state and federal policies and procedures, e.g., conducting
oneself as a positive role model for all employees, respecting the privacy of all
patient-related information, and ensuring workspace security regarding all data.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work
being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned
to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to
the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other
HGS employees. * Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice
good safety habits. * Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience, Skills)
- At least 18 months of experience in a Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management Services position in a leadership or supervisory position
- Medical Billing and/or Coding certification preferred
- Understanding of revenue cycle process for healthcare providers
- Sound understanding of bill form locators and billing policies
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Ability to navigate through different computer systems
- Ability to research documents and find information
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to changes quickly and think conceptually
- Solid problem solving skills to resolve complex customer inquiries.
- Demonstrated ability to improve and/or transform team processes.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, lead, motivate, and develop work teams toward improved performance.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, focusing on professionalism, conflict resolution and positive reinforcement.
Uses Sound Judgment & Makes Decisions Wisely
Asks probing questions to better understand other external points of view. Develops sound recommendations to achieve progress on major accounts/projects. Recognizes limits in resolving complex issues and involves appropriate personnel as necessary.
Questions the way a process is done and suggest changes. Leads efforts to achieve long term goals. Empowers and supports others to produce needed results that lead to the growth of the business and personal development.
Shares in-depth knowledge about the organization to expand team understanding of relevant issues. Leads cross-functional teams. Participates in external collaborative efforts and arrangements.
Conveys information to a variety of audiences, modifying content as appropriate. Listens to others and facilitates the sharing of information. Acts as a leader during internal and external meetings.
Encourages differences as a way to enhance group productivity. Promotes equal treatment among team members.
Drives Customer Focus
Anticipates, understands and exceeds the needs of our customers. Drives the development or enhancement of product/services, based on customer needs. Leads and encourages team to build customer relationships. Seeks feedback from our customers.