Customer Service Representative - Healthcare
Job Code : HGS/146EL PASO | TX Permanent
The primary role of Customer Service Advocate is respond to customer inquiries regarding product/service information from their healthcare plan, Send correspondence to members regarding benefits and eligibility. Transcribe English documents to Spanish dialogue with member during the call.
Creative problem solving, critical thinking and empathy skills are essential. Professional interaction, active and passive listening skills and the ability to utilize computer- based resources in a highly effective manner to educate and provide accurate responses to customer inquiries is crucial for success in the role, along with the innate ability to be compassionate and empathetic when appropriate when handling complex customer inquiries.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve and educate members by providing product/service information from their healthcare plan
- Transcription from English Documents to Spanish dialogue with member
- Send correspondence to members regarding benefits and eligibility (via email or fax)
- Provide resolution to customer queries and enquiries in a simple, concise and empathetic manner
- Perform to meet customer and business defined performance goals
- Skilled in all complex Customer Service Representative functions and has the ability to resolve complex issues with sensitivity.
- Adherence to assigned operational shift and work schedule
- Develops mentor skills to assist colleagues and/or team members
- Buddies up with co team member to increase overall efficiency of the co team member as required by the Team leader
- Participate on improvement projects as part of individual development plan and in accordance with business need
Job Requirements: (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelor''''s degree preferred
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems required; call center experience a PLUS
- Fluent in Professional Spanish (Language) and English a must with excellent telephone etiquette (Empathy)
- Proficiency in using written and verbal positive language
- Intermediate knowledge of computer applications and navigation skills
- Typing speed - min 20 - 30 wpm and >90% accuracy
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology a PLUS
- Adaptability and quick learning skills
- Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced call center environment
- Proven ability to work independently as well as a productive member of a team
HGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.