Job Code : HGS/121EL PASO | TX Permanent
Efficiently manage the reception function while creating a polite, professional, and inviting atmosphere. The reception function includes receiving incoming calls and routing to the appropriate party, receiving visitors and notifying the appropriate party.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Professionally answer and route all incoming calls.
· Appropriately utilize the overheard paging system.
· Immediately greet all visitors, welcome them to HGS, and notify the appropriate employees.
· Supply employment applicants with application, applicant data form, and information on the employment process.
· Support Operations and Human Resource Department with clerical functions as needed.
· Responsible for the timely and accurate submission of payroll for hourly employees as needed
· Coordinate and maintain status of assigned projects.
· Update Greeting Board daily.
· Keep abreast of security policies and procedures and notify appropriate managers of security issues and concerns.
· Ensure a clean, well-organized reception area.
· Stock and order supplies for Human Resources.
· Generate thank you and rejection letters to candidates.
· Maintain confidentiality
· Prepare badges for new hires.
· Compliance checklist for all lines of business when not available, the receptionist should find someone to cover.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other HGS employees. * Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good safety habits. * Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
Minimum Job Requirements: (Education, Experience, Skills)
· High School diploma or GED required. Associate Degree in the clerical field preferred.
· Minimum of 1- 2 years of experience required in the clerical field.
· Demonstrated basic to intermediate knowledge in the following computer applications: Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Detail oriented with the ability to handle multi-task functions while maintaining professionalism and confidentiality.
· Strong organization skills and ability to work independently. A team player with the ability to make decisions and remains flexible in an ever-changing environment.
· Customer service friendly and focused.
Uses Sound Judgment & Makes Decisions Wisely
Asks questions of team members and managers to identify critical issues. Understands the impact of a decision on customers and HGS. Knows when to seek direction with an issue or problem and/or to gain understanding about the impact of an action or decision.
Proactively seeks solutions to problems before being asked. Initiates self-development efforts and seeks job enrichment opportunities.
Participates on cross functional teams. Provides knowledge about multiple projects, products and/or customers to increase team member understanding. Helps others improve individual contributions as a team member.
Listens and converses with a variety of audiences. Extracts key issues from others by asking the right questions. Able to present information and ideas in a cohesive and logical manner.
Takes accountability for own progress and seeks to continually improve. Responds to others’ varying needs. Appreciates differences among team members.
Drives Customer Focus
Identifies opportunities to exceed the expectations of customers. Establishes and nurtures strong sustainable collaborative relationships with internal and external customers. Designs internal work processes to improve customer service. Adds value to the organization by providing exemplary customer service. Follows up, gets help from others when necessary.
HGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.