Job Code : HGS/494Cranbury,NJ
The Billing Liaison is a support position responsible for daily activities associated with printing and mailing paper claims to payers on behalf of HGS EBOS providers. The primary focus of the Billing Liaison is to review claims for completeness, print necessary claim and documentation required for submission to payers, and to meet performance-based goals. Additionally, the Billing Liaison is also expected to review, scan and route incoming mail, faxes and other correspondence to the right department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare and mail 70-75 claims per day in a COVID-controlled office setting (Cranbury, NJ).
· Identify any missing documents that prevent the claim from being sent out daily, and document the shortcomings to the Team Leader
· Navigate different patient accounting systems to view accounts and complete billing processes
· Document activities with clear notes in each account
· Communicate with the team leaders daily to retrieve any missing documentation
· Prepare mail to be sent each day
· Batch and scan incoming mail/faxes offshore
· Stamping of outgoing mail with correct postage
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other HGS employees. * Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good safety habits. * Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
Minimum jOB Requirements: (Education, Experience, Skills)
· Entry level position for someone looking for a career in Health Care Revenue Cycle Services. Prior experience with billing, or working in a doctor’s office, hospitals is preferred but not required.
· High School Diploma Required
· Able to communicate orally and in writing in fluent English
· Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel and Word
· Ability to navigate through different computer systems
· Solid problem solving skills to resolve complex customer inquiries
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team