Technical Support Representatives- Work@Home
Job Code : HGS/222Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan
**Please note: This position does NOT qualify for the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program or the Provincial Nominee Program due to the Work from Home location.
As a Technical Support Representative, you are responsible for providing outstanding service to our client's customers by; troubleshooting their technical issues, finding the root cause of the problem, and working with the customer to resolve their concern. You'll help by walking them through troubleshooting steps over the phone or sending a field technician to their home to fix their problems in person.
A typical day would include:
- Responding quickly and courteously to technical and non-technical inbound calls
- Use available tools to diagnose, investigate and resolve internet network, hardware and software issues over the phone
- Creating tickets, schedule appointments with field technicians and follow up to ensure resolution of customer issue
- Calming irate customers and attempting to de-escalate tense situations
- Promoting and educating customers on offers and promotions and new products
This is the right job for you if you can:
- Cope with stressful and challenging situations with customers
- Work seamlessly with dual screens and multiple applications (more than 5 at a time) while responding to and resolving customer concerns.
- Upsell products and services (It is mandatory to pitch offers available on every call)
- Maintain reliability, schedule compliance, and performance metrics at the required level
What's in it for you?
- We provide you with all of the equipment; you only need an internet connection!
- Paid Training in a state-of-the-art interactive virtual training environment
- A comprehensive medical, dental vision benefits package that includes a health spending account
- Day 1 access to our robust Employee Assistance Program – helping you and your family resolve work, health, and life issues.
- An excellent support team dedicated to helping you succeed with virtual huddles and mentoring sessions.
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Strong computer knowledge and skills
- Ability to calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations
- Ability to work in a highly structured environment taking high-volume inbound calls
- Ability to work full-time hours, across a variety of shifts, which are influenced by current business needs (including evenings, weekends, and holidays) while maintaining reliable attendance
- Ability to work in an environment where you must sit, reach, communicate (verbally and electronically), listen with auditory acuity, type, read, multi-task, and concentrate for prolonged periods.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment where you work remotely with coworkers and supervisors from the comfort of your home.
Home Office Requirements
HGS provides you with a computer, dual monitors,
and a headset for this position. We also provide a webcam that is required to
be used for training and team meetings.
- You must have a secure, quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift. (Conflicting responsibilities may include caring for a family member/pet)
- Your home office must have a DSL, Fiber, or Cable modem that can be hardwired, via an Ethernet cable, into the computer we send you. (Wifi connections are not compatible with our devices - Dial-up, Wireless, Mobile Hotspot, or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
Internet Bandwidth Requirements
- Minimum download speed 10 Mbps
- Minimum upload speed 5 Mbps
***Application Alert *** Although a computer is provided by HGS (if you are hired) you will need a home desktop or laptop computer to complete the assessments and internet speed tests during the application process. This is a requirement to be considered for this position.
HGS is an accredited A+ Company with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) of North America
"HGS Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs through the recruitment process."